What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves onyour computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
· To improve the user’s experience on the Websites; SLI tracks the user’s website activity, patterns and preferences to enable SLI to provide the user with the best user experience; for example, to customise the content of the Websites (such as language) to the location of the user.
SLI uses the following cookies on our websites which can be split into two categories: essential and non-essential cookies:
1. Essential cookies – no consent is required:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable the userto log into secure areas of the Websites.
2. Non-essential cookies, the following cookies are only stored on your device when consent is given:
· Analytical/performance cookies.They allow SLI to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Websites when they are using it. This helps SLI improve the way the Websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to the Websites. This enables SLI to personalise the content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to the Websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. SLI will use this information to make the Websites more relevant to your interests.SLI may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How can the cookie settings be changed?
We always want you to be in control of the information you share with us, and there are a number of ways that you can remove or block cookies at any time, including by following the help file directions in your internet browser.
If you wish to delete cookies you can do so through your browser, and further information on how to do this can be found here: http://www.aboutcookies.org/DEFAULT.ASPX?page=2.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Purpose||Name||About this cookie|
|These save information about your current login session and options you may have selected.|
|These save an online identifier which allows us to group visitors’ activity together for analytics purposes. This allows us to see how visitors interact with our Website. We use this to improve the performance of the site, and to report on site usage.|
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.