This week at the Internet Retailing Expo in Birmingham, England, thousands of e-commerce retailers are attending presentations, browsing the exhibit hall and taking part in workshops to connect with peers and gain insight into how they can improve their business in a multichannel ecosystem. Among the 60 retail speakers at the event are several SLI customers.
In a presentation on the topic of connecting shoppers to the products they’re most likely to buy, Keith Scott of LED Hut and Mark Sear of SwimShop spoke to an over-filled room about the results they’ve seen using SLI Learning Search technology and other SLI e-commerce acceleration solutions. LED Hut is the UK’s largest retailer of LED lighting products, while SwimShop is the Swim Specialist for Sports Direct, the UK’s largest sports retailer.
Here are a few comments from their presentations:
- “SLI is giving us an estimated 400% to 500% ROI.” – Mark Sear, SwimShop
- “My recommendation: I would implement SLI.” – Mark Sear, SwimShop
- “Keyword suggestions with images and descriptions help our customers find what they’re searching for.” – Keith Scott, LED Hut
- “The technology learns from visitor behavior to deliver the most relevant products.” – Keith Scott, LED Hut
- “We use SLI search to examine the customer journey and improve the user experience.” – Keith Scott, LED Hut
In a separate presentation, Boden E-commerce Manager Paul Knutton presented a session on best practices for offering your e-commerce site across multiple countries and languages. Also speaking to a standing-room-only crowd, Knutton provided examples and metrics on how SLI Systems has helped with Boden’s international reach. His comments included:
- “What SLI does particularly well is make sense of non-English languages.”
- “Our search users convert at 1.77x the rate of non-search users and spend 2x more than what non-search users spend.”
To read more about how Boden, LED Hut and other leading companies around the globe use SLI to increase their profitability, take a look at our case studies.
If you’re at IRX today, stop by to see us on the show floor or in the Top 500 Lounge. Otherwise, keep an eye on our Events page to see where SLI will be in the coming months.